Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bob Tiernan: It's time for me to "Pass the Torch"

Sorry! This is old news that I didn't get posted in a timely fashion. --bc
TO: Oregon Republican Party Central Committee
FROM: Bob Tiernan
SUBJECT: It’s time for me to “Pass the Torch”
DATE: January 2, 2011

It has been a tremendous honor to serve as your Chairman these past two years! We have accomplished so much and I am proud of all of our joint efforts. However, I have decided it’s time for me to “move on”.

It has been a very tough decision to decide not to run again. I have invested a lot of my time, energy and have put together a great team---- and we now have a very strong party organization. But….Simply put, I told myself many months ago, that if I could find another Republican leader to run for Chairman who could carry on with all the accomplishments, and build on those accomplishments, it was time for me to “move on” and get back to my Consulting business, and a new assignment in the Navy Reserve.

I have personally notified each member of the Executive Committee of my decision and I will be sending out a press release tomorrow morning announcing that I will not be running (see attached).

We have accomplished much these past two years…..but it could not be done without your help. Just to name a few of our accomplishments:

  • Opened a new “state of the art Republican headquarters” in the heart of Portland Metro area

  • Extinguished over $200,000 in past vendor debt (Party is now debt free)

  • Hired an extremely talented and experienced staff (Brandon Danz – Executive Director, Julia Miller – Chief administrative officer, Greg Leo – Communications director, Kevin Hoar – Field Director, Mark Krsak – Office manager)

  • Implemented a complete State Party re-organization plan

  • Paid off loans previously incurred by the Party (remaining loans are in a structured pay-off plan)

  • Launched an aggressive communications program, featuring improved Press Relations and an aggressive outreach

  • Acquired state of the art technology, including a New Web-site (with twitter, face book,) VOIP phone systems, and a new and improved “voter vault”.

  • Convinced the RNC to invest over $500,000 dollars to help Republicans get elected in last election cycle.

  • Increased the State Party’s role in aiding targeted state legislative, Congressional and statewide campaigns.

  • Streamlined the Oregon Republican Party Platform
Again, all of this was done with a great staff, especially Brandon, Andrew, Julia (and NO she is not my daughter!), Greg, Polly, Kevin, and Mark. I would also like to thank a GREAT Executive Committee, especially, Tim Smith, Denny Morgan, Darlien France and our 5 Congressional Chairs and Vice Chairs.

My hope for the party is that we continue with the tremendous momentum we have built and clobber the Democrats in 2012!! To do that, we all need to get behind the next Chairman, put whatever differences we may have aside, and unify ourselves into one tremendous fighting force. I will be offering to help the next Chairman to assure a smooth transition.

I will be announcing publically my decision tomorrow morning with a press release stating my intention not to run for reelection. I will also be sending you a copy.

I look forward to seeing each of you at our meeting on January 22nd. Again, it has been an honor to be your leader and I look forward to seeing the Oregon Republican Party continue on with the successes that you and I and our great staff have accomplished.

Sincerely

Bob
Bob Tiernan, Chairman
Oregon Republican Party
PO Box 25406
Portland, OR 97298
(503) 595-8881
Become a part of the Oregon Republican Party by donating at:
http://secure.ssgenius.com/orgop_org/index.asp

0 comments:

Post a Comment